John 1:1-5, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
In light of the debate on Creation (with Ken Ham) verses Evolution (with Bill Nye), held on Feb. 4, 2014 on debatelive.org, my heart has been consumed with helping people walking in “darkness” to experience the real evidence – written in God’s Word. I am no expert on any of the topics discussed at this event, but it all is crystal clear because there is One who abides in me (Holy Spirit) that came from Him (God).
Twitter and Facebook was active on the Tuesday evening of the debate with millions of viewers and even more responders. It is clear that those who follow faith in God’s Word are many. But it is also clear that there are millions still walking in darkness.
Creation starts with God and ends with God. Yet, that same God wants to bring others into His glory through His Son’s sacrifice for our sins. A few days after the event, these thoughts where clear in my heart and mind, along with a new fervent desire to help others see the light of the glorious gospel. Will you join me?
1. There is a book that declared that He was from the beginning with God. Now God is the first, and if the Son of God is from everlasting, then He is First, and He must be God.
2. There is a book that declared that all things were made by Him. Thus, we know the Son is the Creator of the world. He cannot then be a creature; for no creature can “create.” God alone can create.
3. There is a book that declared “He is the Life.” He gives life. All the angels in heaven cannot give life to the smallest insect, or even to the lowest flower—but the Son can give life to the creatures He has made; not only natural life, but spiritual and eternal life.
4. There is a book that declared that He is the Light of men—a brighter light than the sun, a light which shines into the heart and enlightens the dark mind.
5. There is a book that declared that man is called “darkness.” In the fifth verse above, it is written, “The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.” Ever since Satan, the prince of darkness, tempted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, the minds of men have been dark; they have neither known what is right, nor loved what is good. Christ came into the world to bring light to the dark minds of men.
That book is the Bible. I believe that book. I believe God preserved that book. I am thankful He took the blindness off of my eyes and gave me His light. I am thankful He is the hero of my life. By the way, who is the hero of your life? If it is you or any other mankind – how’s that working for you?
The real issue boils down to what or whom are you going to worship? Who is going to be the hero of your life? I am convinced that many find it easier to follow anything but Christianity, simply because their lives do not make room for a “God” – a “Judge”. God even tells us that the evidence He has already given is clear enough for everyone to stand without excuse for not trusting in His glorious Word and plan.